We would be lost without our volunteers!
Volunteering for Gig Buddies not only helps to change the life of a person with a learning disability, it connects you to a new community of people who love to socialise and engages you in the local cultural scene.
We think it’s the most rock’n’roll way to volunteer out there!
“Gig Buddies lifts the spirits” – GB volunteer
Volunteering has never been so fun and couldn’t be easier! When you sign up to volunteer with us you will be invited to our monthly socials at our favourite local venues as well as Club Soda band & club nights.
Most importantly we will start to introduce you to people who share similar interests to you and we’ll hope to find you a match in no time.
We could not run Gig Buddies Croydon without our dedicated and fun loving volunteers. You don’t need any particular experience, but we think you’ll make a fantastic Gig Buddy if you:
- are over 18
- live in Croydon or the surrounding boroughs
- love meeting new people
- are kind, patient and friendly with a good sense of humour
- are committed to ensuring that people with learning disabilities are enabled to live active social lives and make their own choices about how they live
- are proactive and reliable
- are able to commit to volunteer for at least a year
- can commit to online training and a free DBS check (formerly CRB)